Saturday, February 11, 2012

do's and don'ts

I have to make sure to make your mother's guest bed before I leave next time and send in the check for the speeding ticket I got in Texas and floss before setting off again, not to mention brushing my teeth and turning down the heat. I love noticing the circles cappuccino makes inside a mug like age lines on a tortoise and hearing voices over the phone that convey emotions like excitement and eating bagels loaded with mustard and cucumber and tomatoes and avocado in absolute silence. I know I am not always as confident as I can be or as consistently thoughtful as I should be or as assertive as I want to be, but I am trying. When I said disclude last night, I meant exclude (disclude means to convey/disclose, dammit Katie) but wonderment was perfectly correct. Let's leave it at that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment