Monday, August 6, 2012

Oakland Night Live

This is Anna Anthropy, Erica. She just made a video game called Lesbian Spider Queens from Mars, which is being played in the background as she is interviewed by Julie and Jeremy. Her submissive is getting spanked (for trying to talk I wasn't sure), but it is clear that Anna likes spanking, and her submissive like getting spanked. Anna, in her interview, talks about her newly-published book, "Rise of the Videogame Zinesters: How Freaks, Normals, Amateurs, Artists, Dreamers, Drop-outs, Queers, Housewives, and People Like You Are Taking Back an Art Form," which apparently gives detailed instructions on how people can create their own video game. She was the best part of the show. On David Cohen's Smooch Talk, I went up to tell a story about you and me in preschool (the one involving the red-head boy Jared), I was a little tipsy off red wine, and the story didn't end spectacularly, but at least I went up there (like jumping off a tall cliff into water), and I got a white chocolate cookie drenched in chocolate frosting for it. And then Maggie and Jesse and I walked to Maggie's house, where there was a bit of a pre-rave party going on, which involved her housemates braiding their hair and watching these great music videos, at one point the kitchen swarmed with all these boys and I was sitting on the only little chair in the place, and the goofy kid from New Orleans complimented me on my Brook's and I complimented him on his shoes, and he said his weren't purple, and I said "Oh, yeah, they aren't." Then I caught a ride with the ravers back to my neighborhood, though I pretended to them I was going to go to the rave but happened to change my mind once Mandela Parkway crossed West Grand. In the car, they were speaking a language I didn't understand, and I felt like a fly on the inside of a window, the vibrations of words shaking my body without any meaning accruing.


No comments:

Post a Comment